Knit knit knitting. + SOCKS!

on Monday, March 31, 2008

I finally finished a pair of shorties for Kiki! They were completed Saturday night before Easter. It's been at least a year since I have knit her a diaper cover - it's just been too busy! I am quite pleased with how these turned out. The pooling is incredible. I have to admit, I LOVE pooling. I rarely alternate skeins throughout a project, and prefer to let the yarn tell me it's story. I only frog in the most extreme cases, but most of the time I love it.

I've named these ones "Spring in Vancouver" because they remind me of the various cherry blossom types we have blooming here. I swear they has popped up over night. One day the trees were bare, entirely bud less. The next morning, amazement, shades of pale and deep pink framethe streets of Vancouver.

And boy, does Kiki ever rock them :)

I just finished grafting the crotch seams and weaving in the ends of an adorable little pair of NB shorties. Three Irish Girls (formerly Irish Baby Knits) yarns are wonderful. I used 'Curran' on Galenas Merino. So yummy and soft, perfect for a wee one! Again, I am thrilled with the pooling on this one. It's almost as if it was self-striping. This one will be stocking sometime in May/June - whenever I feel I've built up enough stock. :P



On a spur of the moment trip to my favorite yarn shop, Three Bags Full, I decided to try something new. I picked up some Cherry Tree Hill super sock, and teeny tiny Crystal Palace bamboo dpn's....
plus = SOCKS!
Yep, I'm going to try knitting socks for myself! I tried toddler socks once... in worsted weight acrylic yarn. It wasn't so great. But that was one of my first projects. This should prove much more successful.
However, I'm having a hard time finding patterns for size 1 needles (the size suggested by the saleslady) and a size 8.5 wide/9 shoe size. I don't want to put a ton of work into beautiful socks that I can't wear. Darn these obscenely huge feet and thick ankles!
Does anyone have a suggestion? I don't want just plain socks, but it can't be too difficult because really, this is a first for me :) Thanks in advance!

0 whispers: