My baby girl is 1.

on Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Yep, today. Today my daughter is one year old. I'm a little heartbroken about it, but still happy. I just missed out on a lot of enjoying her as a baby. That's part of having an older child, I assume. She may very well be my last baby ever, and I feel like I missed it. I guess it's just different, you enjoy a second (or third, or fourth, or beyond) child in new and different ways than a first.



Yesterday I was pulling dresses out of her closet. Ones that were passed on to us by various people very shortly after she was born. I remember hanging them up one by one thinking about how she'll be wearing them around her first birthday, picking one out for her to wear on her birthday or for her 'party.'
... They were so huge back then.
Yesterday I pulled one out and asked her if she "wanted to try the pretties?" To which she nodded her sweet little fuzzy head "Yes."
It fits her so perfectly now. She will be wearing it on Saturday when we have a tiny birthday celebration for her. Just family, it will be nice not to have the pressure of a big party. Do they really need that for a first birthday anyways?


I can't believe it's already been a whole year.

1 whispers:

Ella said...

Happy Birthday sweetness. i have always suspected that the 2nd time round in mothering will be quite different, quite how you've described it. i agree they don't really need those big parties. The 2nd time round for me i will keep it small and familiar. With Little A i guess he just knows a lot of people big and small - his parties have been rather huge and overwhelming.
Anyhow, happy birthday!