Soapy Goodness...

on Friday, November 14, 2008

Over the past 6 months or so, I've developed a little bit of an obsession.... with handcrafted soap.
When we (Brandon & I) realized that in a few short months I had overfilled my top dresser drawer with yummy smelling, pretty cold processed soaps by various wahms and etsy sellers... it was suggested that I just try it myself.
So I did. A chance to try a new hobby? Not something I'd turn down.
So since my first batch late in October, here is what I've cranked out :P


Peppermint & Sweet Birch 100% Olive Oil

Cloven Fruit (Sweet Orange & Clove)

Peppermint Patty (Peppermint & Vanilla EOs, with cocoa powder)

Lavanilla (Lavender Vanilla)
Deep Dark (Anise with a hint of Lavender - full slab shown, pre cutting)
I've also made a really yummy Beer soap with a scrubby organic cane sugar layer on top. It's just a basic soap, with beer instead of the water. It very very faintly smells of hops, but mostly it's unscented. I'm told that the grains in beer are really beneficial for the skin. Brandon quite likes it :P

1 whispers:

Anonymous said...

Those look almost good enough to eat :-)